Poaching these in beer and stock sounds weird, and smells awful, but it's totally worth it in the end.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 475 mL of beer
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 3 cups baby spinach, chopped roughly
- 10 large tortillas
- 300 grams pizza cheese mix or mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, or cooking spray
- 1 jar salsa
- Sour cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Put the chicken thighs in a deep sided saute pan and cover with the beer and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the chicken from the liquid and shred it. Mix together the chicken and seasonings.
- Pour out all but ¼ cup of the cooking liquid. Add the jalapeno and spinach and cook over low heat until for 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted.
- Spoon 1/10 of the chicken along the long edge of a tortilla. Repeat with the spinach and cheese. Roll the tortilla up, place seam-side down on an oiled baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Spoon enough salsa on top to lightly cover the taquitos. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake until golden.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes