Probably one of the most delicious slow cooked meals ever.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Rice, chopped flatleaf parsley, and sour cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Heat half the oil in a large, heavy-based, flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Cook beef, in batches, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in dish. Add onion, garlic, mushrooms and capsicum. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Return beef to dish. Add flour and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add bay leaves.
- Stir in stock and tomato. Cover dish. Bring to the boil. Transfer to oven. Bake for 2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Spoon 1/4 cup liquid from goulash into a bowl. Add sour cream. Stir until smooth and combined. Add to goulash. Stir to combine. Serve with rice, parsley and sour cream.
Preparation time: 15
Cooking time: 2 1/2 hours