From delicious. magazine. If you have one available, use a mandolin slicer to cut the pumpkin, otherwise you'll be there forever. The pumpkin can take longer than you might expect, so start earlier than you need to. This pairs very well indeed with a rocket and pear salad.
- 400g pasta (fettuccine or spirals work well)
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, halved sliced, seeded, finely sliced
- 50g unsalted butter
- Handful sage leaves
- 10 thin slices of prosciutto
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 70g soft goat's cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. In batches, fry the pumpkin, seasoning until both sides are golden and blistered Transfer to the oven, and keep warm. In the same frying pan, add the prosciutto and fry until crispy. Transfer this to the oven to keep warm.
- Add the pasta to a pot of boiling salted water.
- Heat the butter and remaining oil over medium-high heat. When the butter begins to froth and brown slightly, add the sage and toss to coat, then remove from heat.
- Add pasta to pan, toss to coat. Add the pumpkin, prosciutto, lemon juice, and half the goats cheese. Toss to combine.
- Divide the pasta among bowls, sprinkle with nuts and remaining goats cheese. Serve.