This tends on the spicier side, so make adjustments to your best judgement.
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 kg chicken thighs, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 limes, halved
- 1 cup thick, Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tbs sriracha
Black Bean Salsa
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded kale/spinach
- 1/2 bunch coriander leaved, chopped
- 1 jalapeno. thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 2 ears of corn, whole, boiled.
- Combine cayenne, paprika, cumin, olive oil and garlic in a bowl. Add chicken and turn to coat. Thread chicken onto 8 skewers and chill for at least 1 hour to marinate.
- Heat a barbecue over high heat. Add the corn, slightly oiled. Cook the skewers, turning, for 4 minutes, then add limes cut-side down. Cook for a further 4 minutes or until corn and limes are charred and chicken is charred and cooked through.
- Cut the kernels from the cob, set aside. Cover the chicken and keep warm while you prepare the salsa.
- To make the salsa, combine all ingredients in a bowl, season and drizzle over the juice of 1 charred lime.
- Serve chicken with the salsa, yoghurt swirled with sriracha and extra charred lime.
Preparation time: 1 hour, 25 minutes (inc marinating time)
Cooking time: 20 minutes