The vegetables take forever to chargrill, so leave plenty of time!
- 1 1/4 cups (250g) couscous
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 1 eggplant, thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 red capsicums, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (50g) pine nuts, toasted
- 50g dried sour cherries (see notes) or currants
- 150g feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- Hummus, to serve
- Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue on medium-high heat. Place vegetables in a large bowl and toss with the cumin and fennel seeds and 2 tablespoons olive oil until the vegetables are coated. Working in batches, cook vegetables for 2 minutes each side, until lightly charred and tender.
- Meanwhile, place couscous in a large bowl and pour over stock. Cover with a clean tea towel and stand for 5 minutes or until couscous has absorbed the water. Fluff up grains with a fork.
- Stir vegetables into couscous along with lemon juice, chilli, pine nuts, cherries or currants and remaining 2 teaspoons oil.
- Stir in feta and coriander, then season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve with hummus.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour