A peanut-butter-based curry, that requires overnight marinating.
- 6 tbsps soy sauce
- 4 tbsps sweet chilli sauce
- 3 tbsps green curry paste
- 2 tbsps ground cumin
- 1 tbsps ground turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 sticks lemon grass, finely chopped
- 4 chicken breast fillets, cut into 5cm pieces
- 5 tbsps crunchy peanut butter
- 1 350ml can of coconut milk
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- Combine soy, cumin, curry paste, turmeric, garlic, sweet chilli sauce and lemon grass in a bowl.
- Add the chicken and stir well. Cover and regrigerate overnight or for several hours to marinate.
- Place the marinated chicken, peanut butter, 300ml of the coconut milk and lime leaves in a wok.
- Cook over low heat, stirring regularly for 20 – 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Try not to let the mixture boil too hard; keep a slow simmer going.
- Put two cups rice in a microwave dish, rinse, add 4 cups water and remainder of coconut milk. Microwave on high for 20 minutes. Remove from microwave, stir, cover and let sit until chicken is ready.
- While rice is sitting, add green vegetable such as snow peas, beans, or broccoli to the chicken.
Preparation time: 25 min
Cooking time: 25 min