From deliicious.' March 2015 edition.
- 1 tbsp chilli paste
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tbs grated ginger
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut (fresh, if you can get it), plus extra to serve
- 1/3 cup (80mL peanut oil)
- 450g pork fillet, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 2 bunches baby pak choy, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 150g oyster mushrooms, halved (find them - button will not do!)
- 2 tbsp shaoxing
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauces
- 270g somen noodles, cooked according to instructions
- Combine the chilli paste, garlic, ginger, coconut and 2 tbsp oil in a bowl. Place half the mixture in a separate bowl, add pork and turn to coat. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Stir-fry pork for 2 minutes or until browned, then remove and set aside.
- Blanch pak choy in boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain. Set aside.
- Return wok to high hea with remaining 1 tbsp oil. Add spring onion and remaining coconut mixture and stir fry for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add rice wine, soy and oyster sauce, and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Return pork to the wok and stir fry for a further 1-2 minutes until warmed through.
- Divide noodles among bowls and top with pak choy, pork and coconut to serve.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 15 miutes