The original recipe for these is from the AWW (http://www.foodtolove.com.au/recipes/crispy-chicken-tacos-15482) and calls for them to be served in crispy taco shells. By all means, give it a shot, but they're pretty damn good as listed.
- 2 large chicken breasts, sliced into even-sized strips
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- pinch turmeric
- 1 tsp mexican seasoning or cajun spice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups (approx) panko or fresh breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
- grated cheese, shredded lettuce, grated carrot, diced red onion, halved cherry tomatoes, to serve
- sour cream and sweet chilli sauce, for garnish
- In a glass or stainless steel bowl, combine the chicken strips, sour cream, turmeric, spice, garlic and lemon juice, then mix until coated. Leave to marinate for up to 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, toss the marinated chicken strips in the panko or breadcrumbs and cook in a large, preheated frying pan with a little oil until golden and cooked through.
- Serve the chicken strips in warmed tortillas shells with a range of salad ingredients. Top with a dollop of sour cream and drizzle over sweet chilli.
Preparation time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 20 minutes