- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g Brussels Sprouts, trimmed, cut in half lengthways
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Pared zest of 1 lemon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/3 cup (25g) grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup mint, leaves finely shredded
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp creme fraiche
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. For dressing, place all ingredients in a food processor and whiz until smooth. Season and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof frypan over medium-high heat. Add sprouts, garlic, lemon zest and bay leaves, turning, for 3-4 minutes until lightly caramelised.
- Transfer pan to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden and al dente. Preheat the oven grill to high.
- Toss the sprout mixture with the dressing in a large bowl, then return to the frypan. Sprinkle the parmesan over the sprouts, then grill for 3-4 minutes, or until parmesan is melted and golden, and the dressing is slightly thickened. Scatter with mint to serve.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes