Another winner from delicious.' "Love to Eat". The recipe advises a side of jamon-wrapped grissini, but they really play second-fiddle to this awesome Autumn salad. It also asks for blood orange juice, but I'm fairly sure these are a myth.
- 2 firm buerre bosc pears
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs orange juice
- 2 red wine vinegar
- 100g mesclun leaves
- 2 tbs roasted chopped walnuts
- 40g manchego cheese, shaved
- Cut the pears lengthways into 1 cm-thick slices, leaving stalks intact. Rub pear with the cut side of half the lemon.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Add pear and cook for 1-2 minutes each side, or until light golden.
- Add honey and the juice of the remaining 1/2 lemon, swirling the pan to warm the honey liquid and coat the pear.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pear slices to a bowl, reserving pan juices.
- Whisk the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, orange juice and vinegar in a small bowl. Add the pan juices to the dressing and whisk to combine, then toss with the pear and baby salad leaves. Scatter with walnuts and manchego.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes