- 250g eggplant, cut into eights lengthwise
- 250g baby (Dutch) carrots
- 2 yellow capsicums, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp saffron threads
- 20g unsalted butter
- 250g basmati rice
- 50g wild rice
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 cup dill leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup (35g) pistachios, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Toss eggplant, carrot, capsicum, oil and cumin in a bowl. Season.
- Place on a baking tray and roast for 45 minutes, or until tender and golden.
- Place saffron and 2 tbs boiling water in a bowl. Set aside for 15 minutes to infuse.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the basmati and wild rice, stirring to coat grains in butter.
- Pour in 2 cups (500ml) boiling water, or enough to cover by 1cm, and season with salt. Reduce heat to low, then cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the saffron mixture and cook, covered, for further 5 minutes or until tender.
- Place the rice mixture in a serving bowl and fluff with a fork. Stir through roasted vegetables, herbs, and pistachios to serve.
Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins