Serve up individual wraps or as a platter for a help-yourself casual meal. From Delicious, May 2015.
- ⅓ cup (80ml) olive oil
- 800g lamb loin steaks, meat cut into 3cm pieces, bone discarded
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 ¼ cups (310ml) beef stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 100g marinated roasted capsicum, drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 lemon, finely grated zest and juiced
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- 4 Lebanese breads, warmed
- Thick Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Fresh mint leaves, torn, to serve
- Chilli pickles, to serve
- Heat 2 tbs oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook lamb, turning, for 3-4 minutes until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tbs oil to pan and cook onion, 2 garlic cloves and spices for 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add stock and tomatoes, then return lamb to pan and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 35-40 minutes until the lamb is tender and sauce is reduced.
- Meanwhile, to make the hummus, whiz chickpeas, capsicum, tahini, lemon zest and juice, and remaining garlic and 1 tbs oil in a small food processor until smooth.
- Spread hummus over bread and top with spiced lamb, yoghurt, mint and chilli pickles. Serve with extra lemon wedges.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 55 mins