Sug's Mum's Flatbread Recipe
January 19, 2015 • Posted in: curry
Stop buying chapati. You're too good for that now.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup plain or greek yoghurt
- a pinch of salt
- Combine 1 cup of flour with the yoghurt, mix till combined. Add the rest of the flour and salt, and mix until the dough comes together. Add extra yoghurt or flour if needed.
- Flour your surface, and knead until the dough is combined. It shouldn't be scraggy or too sticky, but tender and stretchy.
- Break your dough into quarters and roll out. Roll as thinly as possible - around 2.5 mm.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Heat your flatbreads on at a time, flattening as you go with a spatula to ensure even cooking. Flip, repeat, and keep warm in foil.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes