- 4 zucchini (about 650g), coarsely grated
- 100g smoked ham, torn into thin pieces
- 250g haloumi, coarsely grated
- 2/3 cup (100g) self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped dill
- Pinch of chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbs EVOO, plus extra to shallow fry
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup podded broad beans, blanched, refreshed, skins removed
- 200g snow pea shoots
Green Goddess Dressing
- 1/2 bunch each: mint, dill, parsley, tarragon, leaves picked
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup thick Greek-style yoghurt
- Place zucchini in a colander set over a bowl and stir through 1 tsp salt. Set aside for 15 minutes, then squeeze to remove excess liquid.
- Combine with ham, flours, haloumi, eggs, dill and chilli in a large bowl.
- Heat 5mm of oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- In batches, spoon 1/4 cup zucchini mixture per fritter into the pan. Flatten slightly with a spatula. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden, then drain on paper towel. Keep warm, and repeat with remaining mixture.
- For the dressing, place all ingredients in a food processor, season, and whiz until smooth.
- Toss radish, broad beans, pea shoots and remaining 1 tbs oil in a bowl. Serve fritters hot with dressing and salad.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes